Frequently Asked Questions
In order to help you with a smooth transition to St. Frederick High School this upcoming school year, we've answered some frequently asked questions below and you can download a printable version.
Q: How do I get the latest school information?
- You can look around on this website for further information and to view things like the handbook and Warrior World. Warrior World provides a look at the week ahead with important information about daily activities and deadlines. Please review Warrior World prior to every school week.
- Edline is the hub for your student’s grades, assignments and messages from teachers. You will be given an Edline sign in and passwordat the beginning of the year. Encourage your child to go to this site as well. It is a great way for them to stay current with assignments and take ownership of their school responsibilities.
- All parents and students will be registered to receive text messages that are sent as reminders or used during emergencies.
- The school phone number is 318-323-9636.
- We encourage all parents to LIKE the St. Frederick High School Facebook page. This page includes additional reminders and great news about our school.
Q: Where do I drop off and pick up and at what times?
- Drop off is to occur no earlier than 7:30am at the front of the school under the awning by the front office. The line starts on Westminster.
- Pick up is at the same place no later than 3:15pm. (If your child plays football, pick up will be after practice and the best place to wait for him is in the SFHS football parking lot.)
Q: How do class times work?
- SFHS has two bell schedules. One for regular days, and one for Mass/Activity days. This allows our students to have a structured day at all times. The bell schedule for junior high and high school is only different at lunch; otherwise, the bell schedule is the same. Click here to view the Bell Schedules.
Q: What’s the uniform policy and how do we purchase them?
Q: What does SSJD mean?
- SSJD means Spirit Shirt Jeans Day and is usually every Friday. Any SFHS Warrior t-shirt is acceptable. (Khaki shorts are also okay). Warrior wear may be purchased through the school or local vendors, such as H. Mickel Sports.
- During football season, there will be a themed pep rally each Friday. Students are encouraged to show their school spirit and dress accordingly. Themes will be provided in the Warrior World.
Q: When and where do we purchase PE uniforms?
- PE uniforms are to be worn by all students in PE. Regular PE uniforms are sold by the school and will be available at the new student/parent orientation night, which is scheduled for August 7th starting at 6:00pm. An email will be sent to all new families over the summer with more information.
- If your child is playing football for the 2018-2019 school year, they will need to order a uniform through Coach Andy Robinson. Please contact the school or Coach Robinson for more information.
Q: What about summer reading, school supplies, and service hours?
- Summer reading by grade was emailed out and mailed to homes at the end of May. You may also Click Here to view and print it if you have not received it. In addition, if you did not receive this information by email and at your home, please contact the school to update your contact information.
- Service hours are required for all high school students. They can receive up to 4 hours during the summer. If you have questions about service hours, please email Bridgette Tannehill or more information can be found in the Student Handbook online.
- Each year, parents, students, alumni, and faculty/staff come together for summer work days to help get our school ready for another great year. Students who participate in the school work days in August can receive service hours. More information on how your family can participate will be emailed to all families before the start of school.
Q: What is Club Fred?
- Club Fred is the Jr. High’s very own space, and it is where the Jr. High lockers are housed. It is their designated "hang out" space before school and during breaks. If you have not already done so, come tour SFHS and visit Club Fred.
Q: When is my child’s lunch and how do we pay for?
- Jr. High lunch time is 11:43am – 12:08pm for regular bell schedule days and 12:08pm – 12:33pm for Mass/Activity bell schedule days.
- High School lunch time is 10:49am – 11:14am for regular bell schedule days and 11:24am – 11:49am for Mass/Activity bell schedule days.
- Lunch will be catered by Piccadilly for our students Monday – Thursday. Student lunch accounts are handled through MySchoolAccount.com.
- Students will access their accounts by scanning the barcode on their student IDs; therefore, they will need to have their IDs to eat lunch. Replacement IDs are $10.00.
- Parents will need to set up a MySchool Account to pay for lunches. Welcome letters from MySchoolAccount.com will be sent out with instructions for setting up the account. Once accounts are setup, parents can pay online or pay monthly by check or cash in the front office. Students are allowed to charge meals if they do not have money in their account and did not bring a lunch.
- On Fridays, the Junior Class and other school organizations will be doing Fun Food Friday (FFF) to help raise money for the Junior/Senior Prom and other functions. If your child is not participating in FFF, they will need to bring their lunch with them because Piccadilly will not be served. FFF should be bought and paid for online through a student's my school account. All FFF orders are due each Monday by midnight for the upcoming Friday's lunch.
- Students will not be allowed to have lunch delivered. Students are allowed to charge in the cafeteria if they forget to bring lunch.
- Snacks are available in the vending machine in Club Fred for Jr. High students. Students will need to have correct change for the vending machines or a debit /credit card.
- Snacks are available in the "Cantina" for high school students, and drinks can be purchased in the commons area outside. Students will need to have correct change for the vending machines or a debit/credit card.