You are here
Child Nutrition Program
The National School Lunch Program operates in each school to offer students nutritious, enjoyable, high-quality meals at a reasonable price.
- A complete lunch menu of Offer vs. Serve items is available daily. At a minimum, this includes an entree with bread, two side dishes, and milk.
- Lunches are planned based on USDA nutrient standards to provide student customers with 1/3 of the RDA for the essential nutrients, less than 30% fat, and less than 10% saturated fat.
- Breakfast menus are planned to provide students with ¼ of the RDA for the essential nutrients, while including less than 30% fat and 10% saturated fat.
- All meals and extra items are reasonably priced to encourage participation while maintaining a self-supporting operation. Click here to our Lunch Fees.
- All cafeterias have an automated system for advance payment of meals and extra food sales.
- Juices, Ice Cream & Healthy Snack Items are available daily for students who purchase a meal. These items may be purchased with cash or by using monies in your child’s Extra Food Sales account.
(Charging for Extra Food Sale items is not allowed.)
- Menus are available from each school’s cafeteria manager and are posted in each school’s cafeteria. You can also see this month's menu by clicking here.
- When sending a lunch from home, remember to pack napkins, silverware, condiments and containers if needed in their lunch box. These items will not be provided by the Child Nutrition Program.
Free & Reduced Application Procedures
Annually every child in your school receives a Free or Reduced Lunch Application form. Please follow all directions, if you choose to apply for Free or Reduced Meals, and return it to the Cafeteria in a white sealed envelope with CAFETERIA written on the outside of the envelope. All applications are sent to the Central Office and are processed within 10 days. All information submitted is handled confidentially in a computerized format for Central Office use only.
Parent's are responsible for all meals their children consume until notified of their Free or Reduce status.
If at any time during the school year your family's financial structure changes you may apply or reapply for Free or Reduced Meals. For further information please call the Diocese of Shreveport Child Nutrition Program office at 1-800-256-1542, ext. 297 or 219-7297.